News February – March 2015
Habari ya Mikembo Février et Mars 2015
- The dispensary works normally with a team that is as motivated as efficient! A small meeting took place on the 6th of February in order to review the operation and we noted a predominance of cases of malaria and anemia.
- After a little bit more than 3 months of operation, it appears that the incomes of the dispensary almost cover up the cost of the labor and the purchase of the drugs. However, we have to take into account other costs such as the investments made, various purchases made and the depreciation charges. We also have to verify if during the dry season, the incomes will stay the same despite the significant decrease of the cases of malaria.
- No major issue at the school of Kinsangwe except for the difficulty to recover the parent contributions and the abandonment of 36 students at the end of the first quarter due to their low level.
- Short holiday break in February and, in late march, Easter holiday. Tough life to be a teacher! J
- On the 9th of March an information meeting was held in Nivelles (Belgium) with the extended board of Mukini to overview the functioning of the association Mikembo.
-> There is a big need to start raising donations and subsides! Indeed, due to the effects of the global economic crisis in Katanga several local sponsors have unfortunately reduced or stopped their participation. Therefore, it is essential for each and everyone to start raising awareness for the causes that are so dear to us.
- Mikembo had the visit on the 5th of March of a freelance journalist linked to Jeune Afrique: Mr. Gwenn Dubourthoumieu. At the initiative of Madame Marie -Aude Delafoy, Mr Dubourthoumieu will produce a report on the association. Feedback to be expected!