Who are we ?
We are two ASBLs, one in Congo being Mikembo, the other in Belgium being Mukini.
Mikembo | 1420 bis Avenue de la Révolution | Lubumbashi | Democratic Republic of Congo
Mukini | 6 rue des Marronniers | 1360 Perwez | Belgium | Company N° : 0479.739.729
Our website address is: https://mikembo-mukini.org
The ASBL Mukini, rue des Marronniers, 6 in 1360 Perwez, is the person in charge of processing your personal data and the owner of the website.
In this Policy, we use the terms :
- “we”, “us”, and “our” (and other similar terms) to refer to ASBL MUKINI (company number 0479.739.729);le terme “données personnelles” fait référence à toute information relative à une personne physique identifiée ou identifiable (c’est-à-dire une personne qui peut être identifiée, directement ou indirectement, en particulier grâce à un numéro d’identification ou grâce à un ou plusieurs facteurs) ;
- “personal data” to refer to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (i.e. one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors);
- “you” and “your” (and other similar terms) to refer to our contacts, sponsors, suppliers, donors, staff and visitors to our website;
- other terms have the meanings set out in the applicable data protection laws (in particular the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679).
Protection of privacy
This Policy applies to both personal data supplied to us either by an individual or by organisations. We may use personal data supplied to us for any of the purposes as set out in this Policy, or as otherwise disclosed at the point of collection.
Security of your personal data
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We put in place strict confidentiality agreements (including data protection obligations) with our third party service providers.
We have also put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Data collection and processing
We only collect your personal data that you voluntarily transmit to us by e-mail and/or via the online contact form or by any other way.
We may use your personal data to reply to you, contact you, inform you about our projects, our activities, and in general anything that has a link, even indirect, with Mikembo and Mukini ASBL.
We do not share your personal data with third parties, except, where applicable, in compliance with our legal obligations.
When we transfer your personal data to other countries, including in territories outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will safeguard that information as described in this Policy.
The legal regimes of some countries outside of the EEA do not always offer the same standard of data protection as those inside the EEA, although we will ensure that your personal data is only ever treated in accordance with this Policy. We only transfer personal data to these countries for the purposes described above, while doing our utmost to ensure the protection of your personal data.
You have various rights with respect to our use of your personal data:
- Access: The right of access gives you the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. It helps you to understand how and why we are using your data, and check we are doing it lawfully. There are exceptions to this right, so that access may be denied if, for example, making the information available to you would reveal personal data about another person, or if we are legally prevented from disclosing such information.
- Rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified and to have incomplete personal data completed. We encourage you to contact us using the contact details provided below to let us know if any of your personal data is not accurate or has changed, so that we can keep your personal data up-to-date. We will not be responsible for any losses arising from any inaccurate, inauthentic, deficient or incomplete personal data that you provide to us.
- Erasure: You have the right to have your personal data erased. This right is not absolute (for example, we may retain your personal data for a longer period because of our legal obligations) and only applies in certain circumstances (for example if your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or when your personal data have been unlawfully processed).
- Restriction: You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. This means that you can limit the way that we use your personal data where you have a particular reason for wanting the restriction. This may be because you have issues with the content of the information we hold or how we have processed your data.
- Portability: You have the right to request that some of your personal data is provided to you, or to another data controller, in a structured commonly used, machine-readable format. This right to data portability only applies when our lawful basis for processing this information is consent or for the performance of a contract and we are carrying out the processing by automated means (i.e. excluding paper files).
- Objecting: You have the absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data if it is for direct marketing purposes. In others specific circumstances, you also have the right to object to processing of your personal data and to ask us to block, erase and restrict your personal data.
- Automated individual decision-making: You shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you. The right is not absolute and only applies in certain circumstances. You will be specifically informed if we make such automated individual decision.
- Complaints: We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concerns about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint with a supervisory authority, in the Member State of your habitual residence, of your place of work or of an alleged infringement of the data protection laws (for Belgium see www.dataprotectionauthority.be). You also have the right to seek a remedy through the courts.
You may, at any time, exercise any of the above rights, by contacting us using the contact details provided below. If we have doubt about your identity, we may request you to provide us with a proof of your identity, i.e. a copy of your ID card, or passport, or any other valid identifying document.
Withdrawal of consent
When personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw consent at any time (this may apply to processing of special categories of personal data where you have instructed us to act on your behalf and includes the following: racial/ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs and trade union membership). Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose(s) to which you originally consented unless there is another legal ground for the processing.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
The usual retention period applicable for your personal data is 24 months.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period we will securely destroy your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
We reserve the right to update and change this Policy from time to time in order to reflect any changes to the way in which we process your personal data or changing legal requirements. Any changes we may make to our Policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to privacy team at:
Adress : rue des Marronniers, 6 – 1360 Perwez, Belgique